The new Monash MBA is aimed at career professionals with the capability and ambition to be future leaders; who have a truly international outlook; who are both independent thinkers and team players and who bring a diversity of experience and insight to the program.
We are accepting applications year round and you will recieve a response within 3 weeks.
Minimum entry requirements:
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent
- A minimum of five years work experience with at least three years of professional/managerial experience. Applicants will be ranked according to consideration of the following:
- employment experience
- the entire academic record (weighted average mark, WAM, of 65% or equivalent GPA preferred)
Minimum English language requirements:
You should meet one of the following criteria:
- You have achieved a satisfactory level of performance in an English subject at Year 12 or equivalent level. For VCE students this means a study score of at least 25 in units 3 and 4 in any VCE English subject. All other students should visit http://monash.edu/study/international/apply/ for details.
- All of your secondary schooling was in English and you have successfully completed at least two university level subjects in an institution where English is the language of instruction and assessment.
- You have studied in an institution where English is the language of instruction and assessment for the entire institution and have satisfactorily completed either:
- at least the equivalent of the first year of a university course within the last two years, or
- at least the equivalent of a two year tertiary program within the last five years.
- You have undertaken an English language proficiency test within two years prior to your study commencement date and have achieved the following results:
- Minimum overall test score required is 6.5. The individual band scores required: reading 6.0, listening 6.0, writing 6.0, speaking 6.0, or
- TOEFL 600 with a TWE of 5, or an internet-based TOEFL score of 100 with 24 plus in writing and no section lower than 20.
- You have successfully completed the Monash University English Language Bridging Program, or equivalent programs, at the appropriate level.
For further information about English language requirements at Monash University visit: http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/admissions/postgrad/pg-english-requirements.html
Credit and preclusion
If you intend to apply for credit into the MBA program for previous postgraduate study, please email MBA@monash.edu
MBA applications must include certified copies of academic transcripts (including English language test results if required) and references, and your résumé.
Statement of purpose
A key characteristic of the Monash MBA program is the business experience that students bring to the classroom. As part of your application, you are therefore required to include a one-page statement of purpose outlining your reasons for applying to the Monash MBA, and what you think you can contribute to the program.
The Monash MBA managerial or professional work requirement ensures that you will be sharing your experience with other proven performers and people already positioned to advance their careers.
In your application, you must demonstrate that you have completed a minimum of three years full-time management or professional work experience.
Please send your résumé and two original employment references containing all of the following:
- presented on company letterhead (that is, your company's stationery)
- precise duties performed
- duration (including dates) of employment
- full name, title and signature of writer
- date of letter issue.
Online applications should be made at: